Email marketing is a great way to reach out to your customers and clients in 2023. It keeps them informed about your business. You can also promote your products and services while building relationships.
If you’re a business owner, an entrepreneur, or a marketer, you need email marketing. It’s one of the most effective ways to grow your business and increase sales. It also boosts brand awareness and drives more website traffic.
Growing your email marketing requires improvements in three key aspects:
In this blog post, we’re going to share 7 expert ways to grow your email marketing. These tips are easy to follow, and they will help you build a strong and engaged email list.
Your email open and click-through rates should also see a boost. By the end of this post, you’ll have everything you need to take your marketing strategy to the next level.
So, let’s dive in and learn how to grow your email marketing today!
Table of Contents
Below are the 7 Best Ways to Grow Email Marketing:
1. Send a welcome email
When someone signs up for your email list, it’s important to send them a welcome email. This is a great opportunity to thank them for subscribing and to give them a brief introduction to your business or brand.
You can include a special offer or discount to encourage them to make their first purchase. AliExpress does this quite well in the welcome email screenshot above. Make sure to include your contact information and links to your social media profiles, so they can stay connected with you.
Here’s how to create an awesome welcome email:
- Start by greeting your new subscriber by their name, if you have one.
- Give a short introduction about yourself or your brand.
- Explain the purpose of the welcome email and what the subscriber can expect to receive from you in the future.
- Add a call to action, such as encouraging them to check out your website or social media pages.
- Include a way for the subscriber to contact you if they have any questions or concerns.
- Add social proof, such as customer testimonials or the logos of recognizable companies you work with.
- Lastly, don’t forget to include an unsubscribe link. It is a legal requirement for all commercial email sends.
2. Trust your voice
Your emails should sound like they’re coming from a real person, not a robot. Use a conversational tone and avoid using too much technical jargon or industry-specific language.
People are more likely to engage with an email that feels personal and authentic. It creates a sense of connection and trust with the sender. When a message feels like it is coming from a real person rather than a generic company, it is more likely to be read and acted upon.
Also, authentic messages feel more valuable and relevant to them. That is why personalized emails are six times more likely to lead to sales.
In fact, personalization is also one of the best ways to improve post-purchase behavior.
Email marketing is different from other digital marketing because it allows you to send more personal messages.
So, trust your voice and let your personality shine through in your emails.
3. Understand the volume
When it comes to email marketing, it’s important to strike the right balance between sending too many emails and not sending enough.
If you send too many emails, you risk annoying your subscribers and causing them to unsubscribe. Worse, they may report your emails as spam. This will seriously hurt your delivery rates.
On the other hand, if you don’t send enough emails, you risk falling out of sight and out of mind.
To find the right balance, pay attention to your open and click-through rates. If they’re high, you’re probably sending the right number of emails. If they’re low, you may want to consider sending more.
The number of emails you should send each week depends on your audience and what you’re sending them. It’s important not to send too many emails, as that can make people not want to read them.
A good rule of thumb is to send 1-2 emails per week at first and then adjust based on how people respond. You can also divide your email marketing list into groups and send different amounts of email to each group to see which one works best.
Remember, the goal is not to send a lot of emails but to send the right emails to the right people at the right time.
4. Understand the value
When you send an email, you want to make sure that it provides value to your subscribers. This means that your email should be informative, interesting, or entertaining. It should also include a clear call-to-action, such as a link to your website or a special offer.
People are more likely to engage with an email that provides value, so make sure that every email you send does just that.
Here are some tips for providing value in your emails:
- Be relevant: Make sure the content of your email is relevant to your audience and addresses their specific needs or interests.
- Be helpful: Provide useful information, tips, or resources that can help your audience solve a problem or achieve a goal.
- Be engaging: Use a conversational tone, add images, and include interactive elements to make your emails more engaging.
- Be consistent: Keep your branding, tone of voice and the type of content consistent in all the emails.
5. Try a newsletter
A newsletter is a great way to keep your subscribers informed about your business or brand. It can include information about new products or services, upcoming events, or industry news. You can also include special offers or discounts. Newsletters build relationships with your subscribers.
Follow the tips below to grow your business with email marketing newsletters,
- Define your audience and tailor the content to their interests and needs.
- Have a clear purpose and make sure every email aligns with that goal.
- Use a catchy subject line to grab attention and entice people to open your email.
- Make it visually appealing with images, infographics and other design elements.
- Keep it short and sweet, easy to scan and understand.
- Include a call to action for readers to take some sort of action.
- Track and measure open and click-through rates to see what works.
- Schedule and plan your newsletter in advance.
6. Supplement with social ads
Social media ads are a great way to complement your email marketing efforts. You can use social media ads to reach new people who may be interested in your business or brand.
By targeting the right audience, you can increase the chances that they’ll sign up for your email list. Once they’ve subscribed, you can use email marketing to nurture that relationship.
Use demographics, interests, behaviors, and location to find people who are most likely to be interested in your product or service. Analytics tools let you keep track of how well your ads are doing and change your targeting criteria to match.
7. Bonus Tip: Count on Trackmage for email and beyond
This is an effective email marketing strategy for sellers. You can create a superb post-purchase experience using Trackmage’s email notification feature.
Your customers will get email notifications based on the status of their orders. There’s no need to spam their inbox. There’ll be a link to the order tracking page in the email. Hence, only key emails are sent out.
The emails are fully customizable. So, you can add some personalization to each message you send. These emails can be translated into various languages. Finally, Trackmage allows you to collect feedback from these emails.
Email marketing can be effective for many businesses, but it may not be the best fit for every company. It is important to research and test different marketing tactics to find out what works best for your business.